1. Wall color is crucial. Choose a light color, such as beige, cream, taupe or light green. After all, staging doesn’t have to mean boring!Also, by painting the farthest wall from the entry way one or two shades darker, it will become an accent wall and your room will appear bigger and deeper. It will naturally attract the buyers’ eyes. (This works especially for living rooms).
2. Open the window curtains and roll up the blinds to maximize the natural light.
3. Use mirrors (one or two maximum in the same room) to reflect light, as well as shiny objects like candle holders, vases and other accessories.
4. If you have dark floors like hardwoods, try a big white rug to soften up the feel of the room. It helps define a sitting area for example and opens up an entire space.
5. Use fresh cut flowers, like sunflowers.
6. For bedrooms, choose white bedding so it won’t overpower the entire room.
Each of these solutions should help to make your rooms feel bigger, and in turn, make a great impression!
For more home decor and home staging tips, visit Dans Ma Toile Blog!