With a new season also comes a new hairdo. Living on natural waves and messy buns, my hair was able to enjoy a break this summer (me too, actually. Gotta love simplicity!), although I have to admit that I’m pretty happy to start using my heating tools and stylish scrunchies. What I’ve been using these days? This!
1. A hairbrush that works like a towel? What a great idea! Perfect for anyone with a sensitive scalp, the microfiber bristles dab the water softly as well as detangles the hair. Goody QuikStyle microfiber hairbrush, $14,99 at certain retailers.
2. 7 seconds, that’s all you need to detangle your hair that never behaves! This formula blocks the cuticles, which protects the hair all day long. Spray this (amazingly scented) product 4 to 6 times on your hair and it’s like your hair is thanking you.
Unite 7SECONDS No rinse detangler, approximately $21 in certain salons.
3. A texturizing spray not like the others! Others may leave a powdery or greasy feel to the hair, but this liquid-to-powder sprays in a light and thin matter, which gives hair an instant “wow” factor. Super versatile, this product can easily transform any hair type, short or long; it adds a silky texture to frizzy hair, and simplifies working on flat hair!
Joico liquid-to-powdert texturizing spray, $20,95 at certain salons.
4. This light, no-rinse treatment protects hair from heat tools up to 220°C, locks in the colour and doesn’t add a single ounce of weight to your hair. The hydrolysed keratin improves hair resistance and the elasticity of the hair, and controls frizzy hair for over 48 hours.
Schwarzkopf Professional Control Cream CC BC Color Freeze, approximately $30 at certain salons.
5. Is there anything worse than having to dry our mane for centuries? I don’t know about you, but it (too) often happens to me that I will simply stop the process in the middle just to get it over with. Meet your new beauty ally! Her tourmaline ceramic technology reduces hair drying time and repels static electricity to create shiny hair. Easy to hold, and stays cold thanks to its high negative ion concentration.
Hair Treats Moda Dry Action Hair dryer, $115 at certain retailers.
6. Getting wavy hair without the clamp is easier than you think. Actually, all you need to do is take a strand of your hair and turn it around the wand to create cute natural looking curls.
Conair 1 inch no clamp curling iron, $69,99 exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart.
7. Our hair tends to behave during the colder season, which means more time for cute hair accessories! To fix our fringe or to tame flyaways with class, it’s fun to play around with different forms and textures.
La Maison Simons Double branch hair clip, $12 in stores and online.