It’s that time of year again! Despite the relatively warm weather still amongst us, it is really starting to feel like fall. How can someone dislike such a stimulating season? We can admire the leaves that taint our Canadian sceneries, stay cuddled up in our warm beds as we let the soothing sound of the rain relax us, treat our taste buds with the harvests of the season or let the comforting scent of cinnamon from our freshly baked goods invade our senses! Here are some lovely discoveries straight out of the orchard (or almost!)
1. Flawlessly sweetened and more consistent than an applesauce, this apple butter spread goes perfectly with cheeses for a small afternoon snack. It can also be served as an accompaniment with meat, de-li-cious!
President’s Choice Apple butter spread, $3,99 in stores.
2. An afternoon treat or a comfort drink at night? Do what rocks your boat, but this is the one thing you should have in your pantry. A creamy and decadent herbal tea that will please anyone with a sweet tooth, we promise.
David’s Tea Apple Custard herbal tea, $7,50/50g online or in stores.
3. Isn’t one of fall’s greatest pleasures to light up a scented candle and creating for ourselves a cozy ambiance? I don’t know about you, but as soon as September begins, I start collecting candles that will follow me throughout the season in my multiple relaxing sessions. And this one is per-fect.
Bath & Body Works Farmstand Apple three-wick candle , $22,50 in stores and online.
4. From our plates to our makeup bags, the apple is there for good reasons! Full of antioxidant effects, they become a strong ally for a flawless skin! This sizzling scented body butter softens and quenches the epidermis without leaving a greasy feeling.
Fruits & Passion Apple Illusion 24H moisturizing body butter, $18,50 in stores and online.
5. How does jumping in a crunchy apple and spices mix sounds? When the gloomy weather will have made your mood the same, get your hands on this bath bomb. Fizz, pop, crac! Enjoy its candy-like sounds and the fragrance that emanates from the coloured water it produces (the colour changing never stops!)
Lush Fizzbanger bath bomb $6,25 in stores and online.
6. Savour it as an appetizer with fine cheeses or with some game, or in between two bites of a decadent dessert! The best way to appreciate this cider, serve it very cold (at around 5°C).
Domaine Pinnacle =ice cider, $25 for 275mL at the SAQ and on LCBO.
7. With this edible massage oil, it’s nearly impossible to not fall under the spell of the forbidden fruit! It produces a relaxing heat that will reward your senses and warm up the cold fall autumn nights. Guaranteed pleasure!
Kama Sutra Oil of Love edible massage oil, $21.99, at Boutique Seduction and online.
8. A sweet, 100% butter, paste garnished with cream fudge and fresh apple slices… What else do we need to say? Why bother cooking when we can treat ourselves with some happiness at such a low price?
Premiere Moisson apple and sugar pie, $10,25 in stores.