If you are like me, then you know that chapped lips and winter go hand in hand. I won’t even mention the state they are in right now, after going through the cold days we’ve had recently. On the bright side, what’s better than a few days of cold weather to put to the test a few products for our lips? Because there are so many to choose from on the market, I’ve decided to try some out. Here are my final thoughts.
1. Flavorless and odorless, this product is very hydrating despite its tiny price! Made with 40% coconut oil, it’s surprising that this product can help repair chapped lips after applying it a few times only.
Skinfix Lip Repair Balm, $4,99 at Jean Coutu and Pharmaprix.
2. Made with organic agave, jojoba oil, Madagascar vanilla and Canadian maple syrup (yum!), this lip mask is very nourishing. After one application, it gives us soft and healthy lips, ready for our red of the day!
Bite Beauty agave lip mask, $30 at Sephora and online.
3. Nourishing, soothing and plumping. This triple action formula has a lot to offer. The shea butter and macadamia oil that is found helps protect and nourish the lips, while the beeswax soothes and repairs damaged tissues.
Vichy replumping lip balm, $15 in drugstores and online.
4. An exfoliant, for renewed skin! Mainly composed of granulated sugar, this gem polishes the lips efficiently but softly. Its citrus flavor gives it a sweet, irresistible scent. This find is a perfect mix of usefulness and pleasantness.
Lush The Kiss lip scrub, $9,95 in stores and online.
5. A hydrating and nourishing formula that soothes damaged lips by using the best ingredients: shea butter, beeswax and Avène thermal water. Its creamy and melting texture as well as its matte finish make it the best base for lipstick there is. Perfect to keep in a purse for hydrated and plump lips at all times.
Avène care for sensitive lips, $10 in drugstores.
6. The lip balm shaped like an egg that everyone and their mothers love! We love its avant-garde packaging that can be easily spotted in our bag. We also like the fact that it’s 95% bio and 100% organic. If you get tired of sweet scents like I do, the mint flavor is the one for you. It brings a dose of freshness to chapped lips for instant relief.
eos mint lip balm, $4,27 at Walmart.
7. The slanted tip keeps us from overusing it, and its creamy texture melts on the lips, which lets you apply it to your lips without struggling. The raspberry scent is a subtle surprise, but what surprised us even more is that it is also free from any ingredients that could contain allergens.
Bioderma Atoderm moisturizing stick, $6,95 in drugstores.
8. Who said that you had to give up on your lip gloss to get hydrated lips? This lip gloss, available in different shades, has a gel-type texture and smells divine. Its felt tip makes it easy to apply the product on chapped lips, and the gloss soothes and protects your lips. No compromise needed.
Clarins instant light natural lip perfector, $20 in drugstores and online.