As far as I know, summer is officially here, which means pool parties and beach days. While there’s nothing better than a relaxing day at the beach, you don’t want to hit the shore empty-handed. Packing before you head out for the beach is the most important step to ensure your day is perfect, right after finding the perfect bathing suit of course. Here’s a list of the essentials that you shouldn’t dare to go to the beach without:
1. The Bag: Every beach trip needs a large carryall bag to throw everything in.
Sole Society, $88.17
2. Sunscreen: We’ve all been taught of the importance of sunscreen from a young age, which is why you should make sure you always have plenty of sunscreen in your bag.
3. Large Soft Towel: The bigger the better! Trust me on this one.
4. Sunglasses: Bring an inexpensive pair so that your more expensive everyday sunnies don’t get scratched or lost in the ocean.
5. Water Bottles: Keep yourself hydrated and cool while being under the sun all day. These S’well bottles can keep your water cold for hours.
6. Wide Brimmed Hat: When it comes to the subject of sun protection, Keeping a hat in your bag is a cardinal rule.
7. Waterproof Phone Case: Between the sun, sand and water, the beach is filled with things that can cause damage to your phone.
8. Footwear: Although flip flops might be the first thing that comes to mind, try changing it up with cute strappy sandals.
9. First Aid Kit: Hopefully your day at the beach won’t call for any band aids, but it never hurts to have a small first aid kit just in case.
Now you are packed and ready to hit the beach with all your essentials on hand. Sit back, relax and enjoy the breeze!