Freshen up your beauty routine
We love cucumbers. In our salads, in some of our favourite cocktails, in our cucumber-water… This veg is simply refreshing, so it deserves to keep a top spot on our list of must-have ingredients for summer. But what about in our beauty routine? The vitamin-rich cucumber boasts many benefits for hair, skin, and the like. Whether it’s to tighten the skin’s collagen, or get rid of dark under-eye circles, or even soothe a sunburn, cucumber has found its way into many of your fave products in the beauty aisle. Below, our beloved finds.
1. Cucumber extract, along with other ingredients, help replenish dry and dehydrated nails.
Formula X Nail Hydrator, $20 at Sephora stores and online.
2. Cool and lightweight, this eye gel offers hydration around the area and feels absolutely refreshing.
Arbonne Calm Soothing Eye Gel, $36 online.
3. For damaged tresses, cucumber and green tea come together to repair and hydrate your hair.
Dove Damage Therapy Cool Moisture Shampoo, $8 in pharmacies.
4. Not only does this mascara offer volume and length, but its formula boasting cucumber extracts helps condition lashes, too.
Rimmel Wonder’Lash Lift Me Up Mascara, $8.49 in pharmacies.
5. With cucumber at its base, this toner is gentle on the skin, for leaving behind a soft feel.
Kiehl’s Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner, $22.50 in stores and online.
6. Your perfect ally for a flawless complexion, this lotion offers added moisture, firms up the skin, and reduces the appearance of dark spots.
Racinne Ultimate Aqua Blanc Brightening Boost Lotion, $37.99 online.
7. Made with organic ingredients, this sunscreen not only offers SPF 30 protection, but also nourishes and hydrates the skin. Plus, it leaves behind a refreshing cucumber scent.
Coola Fresh Cucumber Sunscreen Spray, $40.50 (8 oz.) at Sephora stores and online.