¾ cup (175 mL) almonds and walnuts mix
1 cup (250 mL) California prunes
¼ cup ( 50 mL) chia seeds
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) smooth nut butter
coconut oil, to blend
cup (75 mL) desiccated coconut
- Place nuts in bowl of a food processor with knife blade and blitz for 10 seconds.
- Add California prunes, chia, cocoa and nut butter and blend well until smooth.
- Add a small amount of coconut oil, a few drops at a time, until the mixture is sticky, and holds its shape when you roll a small amount between your fingers.
- Take a tablespoon (15mL) of the mixture and roll into a ball. Continue creating balls until mixture is all gone.
- Place coconut onto a small plate and roll balls in the coconut, to coat.
- Place balls in an air-tight container in the fridge. They will keep for up to a week.
Makes approximately 15 to 20 balls
*RECIPE COURTESY CALIFORNIA PRUNES