Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 12 oz (375 g) fettuccini
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb (500 g) mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) Almond Breeze® Unsweetened Original
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) finely chopped fresh parsley
Cook fettuccini according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/3 cup (75 mL) pasta water.
Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; cook shallots and garlic for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper; cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Transfer half of the mushrooms to blender along with Almond Breeze, lemon juice and lemon zest; purée until smooth.
Stir mushroom purée into skillet with sliced mushrooms until combined; cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until heated through.
Add pasta and pasta water to skillet; cook for 2 minutes or until pasta is evenly coated and liquid has evaporated slightly. Divide evenly among 4 plates; garnish with parsley.
Per 1/4 recipe: Calories 470, Fat 9g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 210mg, Carbohydrate 78g, Fibre 5g, Sugars 8g, Protein 18g