Have you ever applied your makeup, but within the hour it’s all melting off? We know the feeling. Adding some important products and methods to your regimen can be extremely beneficial – they’ll make you not only look your typical flawless self, but with makeup that lasts all day and night!
Step 1: Moisturize
We know it can be a step that is often overlooked, especially moisturizer. Oily gals, don’t fret! Moisturizer not only helps control excess sebum, but gives you a smooth finish that will help improve your skin and how your makeup is applied!
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, $34
- Cetaphil Daily Facial Moisturizer, $14.29
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream, $70
- CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion, $14.97
Step 2: Prime
Primer is known for sticking to foundation and making it last longer. It preps the skin for makeup, so it won’t settle into your pores or fine lines. In addition, it targets oil-prone areas and acts as liquid blotting paper to leave your skin fresh and matte all day.
- Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector™, $18 or $44
- Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Pro Primer, $9.98
- Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer, $8.98
Step 3: Smudge proof base
Getting an eyeshadow base will be very helpful to make your eyeshadow not only last all day and night, but it can also add a pop to your eyes and brighten them even more. Especially if you have oily eyelids, eyeshadow base is key to help your eye makeup (and eyeliner) not smudge.
- NYX Eyeshadow Base, $9.99
- NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base, $33
- MAC Pro Longwear Paint Pot, $26
Step 4: Long lasting makeup
If you put on primer and concealer and don’t have the right foundation, all can still melt right off. You’ll need a foundation that not only is right for your skin type, but is also long lasting. Certain foundations may look good in the short term, but will do nothing if you need to be wearing makeup for 12+ hours.
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup, $45
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation, $52
- Hourglass Immaculate® Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free, $64
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation, $19.98
- Revlon ColorStay Makeup for Combination/Oily Skin, $15.77
Step 5: Set, Set, Set!
To lock in all the amazing work you’ve just created, you’ll need to set all of your makeup so it’ll stay in place. Setting sprays and setting powders are key for long lasting results. For powders, try and stick to matte or natural finishes. The goal is to look less cakey as possible, and setting spray will eliminate all of that – especially if you have a lot of makeup on.
- L’Oreal Infallible Setting Spray, $14.96
- Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder, $28 or $47
- Morphe Translucent UltraFine Pro Setting Powder, $8.99
- Urban Decay All-Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, $17 or $38