We all have good intentions when we get up in the morning to look perfectly polished. Sometimes though, the lure of the snooze alarm is just too great or maybe you just do not realize that there are some simple tips and prep work you can do to look your best at all times. Never fear divinistas, we have you covered. We are sharing our top secrets to help you fake it ‘til you make it and put your best face forward.
- Get Regular Facials: A facial can help improve your complexion and make it look smoother. Think of your face as a canvas for your makeup. The smoother it is, the easier it is to apply your favourite products. You may even need to wear less makeup because your skin will look healthier. Make sure that your esthetician is giving you a treatment that works for your skincare needs.
- Get Yourself a Good Foundation: There are great options at the drugstore or you can go to a department store or Sephora. Wherever you choose to buy your base, make sure that it is the right shade for your skin tone. If your face and neck do not match, it is a dead giveaway. Test the product against your jawline; do not swatch it on your hand. To look polished, you should choose a more matte foundation – save dewy foundations for night-time or when you are feeling more casual.
- Get Rid of Unwanted Hair: This is not just about having a smooth complexion, although that is a benefit. You also want your eyebrows to be tame. Philips Precision Trimmer is the one tool that you need! It removes hair safely, painlessly and quickly so that your skin does not get blotchy. You can get rid of unsightly hairs above your lip, on your chin or trim your unmanageable brows all with one convenient tool. Best of all, it is portable so you can pack it in your purse, just in case.
- Get a Neutral Pink Lipstick: This is the perfect shade to make you look polished. There are so many options out there, no matter what your skin tone is. This colour makes you look polished without washing you out.
- Get Yourself a Good Dry Shampoo: Whether it is to extend an awesome blow out for an extra day, or you just overslept and have no time to shower, a good dry shampoo is a life-saver. It will freshen up your not-so-fresh tresses and give them a boost of volume letting your hair be the mane attraction!
What are your tips for looking more polished?