I don’t know if two things could go better together but all hail the Warm Spicy Beer and Cheese Dip. This is a delicious dip to accompany your Superbowl feast or party. It can be made in no time and is great for dipping with vegetables or pretzels.
- ½ cup of dark beer (preferably a stout)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper or Monterey jack cheese
- ½ jalapeno, deseeded and diced (Use ¼ less if too spicy)
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Garnish: chopped green onions or parsley.
1. In a large sauce pan combine beer, cheeses, chili powder, cayenne pepper and garlic powder and keep stirring on Medium heat until all cheese are smooth. Usually 5-7 minutes.
2. Stir in diced jalapenos and cook for another 4 minutes. Keep stirring as to not burn the cheese.
3. Remove from heat and pour into serving dish. Add diced up green onions or parsley for garnish.
4. Serve warm with chopped up vegetables, crackers or pretzels!