6 items to show our support
With the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games just 25 days away, we must admit: we can barely contain our excitement! Ready to root for all our Team Canada athletes, we’ve found a few essentials to don while outdoors, be it in the urban jungle, or while taking part in our own winter sport of choice.
- For all you gym rats (who in their right mind would work out outdoors?), this short-sleeve cotton tee is your perfect companion as you hit the treadmill or work on your arms. It’s a limited edition find, so be sure to get your hands on one before they’re gone!
The North Face International Short-Sleeve Tee, $45. Click here to find a retailer nearest you.
- The iconic red mittens are back once more, and it seems everyone wants to get their hands on (well, technically, in) them. They’re perfect to don during the cold days ahead, all the while showing off your love for Team Canada.
HBC Olympic Collection 2014 Snow Top Red Mittens, $10 at Hudson’s Bay.
- There’s much to love about this track jacket: cozy and fitted, it is bold red, with our beloved maple leaf emblazoned on the chest. Plus, with a high collar that zips up right to the chin, it’s perfect for staying warm during those morning power walks.
Nike Team Canada Olympic Women’s Track Jacket, $100 at shop.hockeycanada.ca.
- While not officially associated with the Olympics, we still adore Roots’ Canada Collection for the numerous offerings that help us convey our national pride. We particularly love this cozy striped scarf, which is the perfect companion for when rooting our athletes’ quest for gold!
Canada Hockey Stripe Scarf, $48 at Roots.
- With the ample cold weather we’re having, going outdoors with a hat is essential. Especially on your morning jogs at the crack of dawn, this lightweight knit beanie will keep your head warm and toasty, thanks to its climawarm™ technology.
Women’s COC Ride Beanie, $22 at adidas.ca.
- While you may not be hitting the slopes in Sochi, we can bet you’ll be wearing these babies on your next ski trip! Oakley is the official eyewear supplier to Team Canada, and as such, any proud Canadian snow bunny will happily sport these on the ski hills.
Oakley Canadian Olympic Collection Canopy Snow Goggle, $210 in stores.