It seems that avocado has taken over many culinary dishes these days. From avocado toast, to poke bowls, sandwiches and many vegan dishes; everyone has become obsessed with them – myself included! These creamy, delicious fruits (yes technically they are fruits) are packed with healthy fat, filled with fibre, a great source of many vitamins and minerals and did we mention that the taste? I’ve made a Spicy Pineapple Guacamole that is the perfect summer twist on an old classic. The pineapple adds a nice sweetness while the jalapeno adds in the perfect spice balance. A great combo that will have you hooked!
3 medium ripened avocados that have been pitted and chopped
¾ cup diced pineapple
1 jalapeno seeded and diced finely
¼ cup cilantro chopped
1 lime juiced
½ tsp of cumin
¼ tsp of salt
¼ tsp of pepper
Optional: Add in diced roma tomatoes or red onion for an extra punch.
- Slice avocados in half, then, remove the skin and pits and chop. Place in medium bowl and mash with fork.
- Add in lime juice and mix.
- Add in jalapeno, pineapple, cilantro and seasonings to the bowl and mix.
- Optional: Add in additional toppings.
- Serve right away with tortilla chips. If it is not served immediately, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge. Place the pit in the bowl to reduce browning of the guacamole. Happy Eating!