Roasted sweet potatoes and shallots are puréed with chickpeas for a sweet and savoury homemade hummus.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 3 shallots, peeled and halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) olive oil
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Almond Breeze® Sweetened Vanilla Original
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tahini
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each paprika and ground cumin
- Carrot and celery sticks
- Whole grain crackers
Toss together sweet potato, shallots, garlic, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the olive oil and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Spread on baking sheet; bake in 400°F (200°C) oven for 20 to 30 minutes until tender. Let cool.
In food processor, purée sweet potatoes, shallots, garlic, chickpeas, Almond Breeze, tahini, remaining olive oil, remaining salt and pepper, paprika and cumin until smooth. Sprinkle with extra paprika before serving if desired.
Serve with carrot and celery sticks, and whole grain crackers.
Per 1/12 recipe: Calories 150, Fat 9g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 210mg, Carbohydrate 14g, Fibre 3g, Sugars 2g, Protein 4g
Note: nutrition information is for the hummus only and does not include vegetables or crackers.