As always, there are bound to be leftovers from this year’s Thanksgiving feast; but all it takes to finish off the remainders is some culinary ingenuity. Here are 10 yummy suggestions for what to do with your Thanksgiving leftovers.
1. Turkey salad. Make a salad using a mix of baby spinach, endive, arugula and other leafy vegetables. Also add cherry tomatoes and red onion. Toss with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and throw in leftover turkey pieces for a tasty and satisfying lunchtime meal.
2. Turkey quesadillas. Place slices of reheated turkey and grated cheddar cheese on top of a tortilla and cover with another tortilla. Heat the quesadilla in a non-stick skillet until the cheese melts. Serve with cranberry sauce on the side for dipping.
3. Turkey sandwiches. Sandwiches are a great way to use leftover turkey and there are so many different types to make. For example, chop up some turkey into chunks and mix it with mayonnaise and celery to make a turkey salad sandwich filling. You can also make a wrap with grilled vegetables and turkey pieces. The possibilities are endless!
4. Turkey stew or soup. Make a hearty stew or soup using leftover turkey meat. This is also a great way to finish off any leftover vegetables.
6. Potato patties. Just add a beaten egg to cold, leftover mashed potatoes. Next, shape the mixture into patties and sprinkle both sides with breadcrumbs. Add olive oil to a frying pan and fry the patties over high heat until both sides are crispy and golden brown.
7. Cranberry jam spread. Use leftover cranberry sauce as a spread on scones or bran muffins.
8. Turkey casserole. Bake a delicious Turkey Broccoli Casserole for a quick and nutritious weeknight dinner.
9. Turkey pasta. Cut turkey pieces into cubes and combine with a marinara sauce and cooked penne or fusilli to make a yummy turkey pasta dish.
10. Turkey stir-fry. To make a turkey stir-fry dish, add one tablespoon of oil to a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat. Then stir-fry snow peas, sliced carrots, chopped onions and minced garlic together. Add sliced turkey pieces to the mixture and continue to stir-fry until turkey is heated. Add two tablespoons of soy sauce and stir so mixture is evenly coated. Serve over steamed jasmine rice.