Most women (and men) find female body hair repulsive. If it can’t be styled in any fashionable way, most women see their best option as being to get rid of it. If you have unwanted body hair, you’ll know that it can be really annoying and can even have an effect on your self-confidence.
On the plus side, there are a wide variety of options open to remove that body hair, from shaving, waxing, electrolysis, laser, etc. However, shaving needs to be done very often and the hair grows back even thicker, while laser hair removal can become very expensive if you don’t have the financial means.
Waxing is the perfect balance of each, with it not being too expensive and having a better effect on your hair. Each time you wax, the hair follicles grow back thinner each time. It is not a permanent solution, however it creates enough of a cushion for you to not have to pick up the razor every two days to touch up.
Here are some tips to make for a perfect waxing experience:
- Make sure the hair is long enough, ideally about a quarter inch.
- Gently exfoliate your skin a day or two before waxing, but skip harsh scrubs the day of your waxing appointment. Exfoliation helps wax grab hair and not skin, but it can also leave skin more sensitive to pain, so lighter is better.
- Take a warm (not hot) shower to open pores, exfoliating and popping an ibuprofen 15 minutes prior.
- Whatever you do, don’t ice! Some think that by icing the area, they’ll numb the skin, however it just tightens the pores and makes hair removal more difficult and painful.
- Moisturize well on the days leading up to your appointment. Moisturized skin allows the wax to release more easily, but don’t use too much, as it can interfere with the wax’s grip, so avoid moisturizing the day of.
If you are interested in trying out waxing or you are looking for a quality location with great service, try Fuzz Wax Bar, a one-of-kind concept that focuses exclusively on waxing. They also have great memberships that save you money the more you wax.
We were lucky enough to attend their new location in Montreal last week, and the experience was magnificent and very professional. They also have six locations located around the GTA.
For more information on Fuzz Wax Bar, visit their website at FuzzWaxBar.com and tell them Divine.ca sent you!