Winter Body Prepby Myreille Simard
published December 23, 2010
Winter is just around the corner—and so are the icy winds. Your skin will definitely feel the change in the weather. Luckily, divine.ca has your winter beauty guide, with tips on how to care for your hair, skin, nails and lips—your head-to-toe stop for looking your best no matter what the temperature!
• Apply moisturizer every time you get out of the shower. We like: Intensive Care lotion from Vaseline. $4.79 for 325 ml, in pharmacies.
• Use gentle, fragrance-free products, since you’ll be applying them more often. Baby products are a good option for sensitive skin.
• Reduce the amount of blow-drying and styling—it can weaken the hair shaft.
• Massage your scalp regularly. This will get blood circulation going, and encourage the growth of new hair. And it feels good, too!
• Take multivitamins to nourish and strengthen your hair.
• Lightly rub your toothbrush over you lips once a week, to exfoliate.
• Apply a nourishing lip balm every night before going to bed.
• Put aside your fruity lip glosses. Those formulated with honey don’t just look good, they’re extra-moisturizing. We like: Rêve de miel Lip Balm by Nuxe. $16 at Ogilvy’s, Jean Coutu, The Bay and Shoppers Drug Mart.
• Moisturize your hands AND your nails. We like: Sally Hansen Radiant Hands, Nails & Cuticles Cream. $8 in pharmacies.
• Brewer’s yeast supplements can nourish your nails and your hair. You’ll find them in capsule form in health food stores and pharmacies.