5 stylish ways to dress up your favourite toy
We confess: be it a tablet, laptop, smartphone, or camera, we’re never without our gadget of choice. And we simply wouldn’t be doing our sartorial foremothers justice if we didn’t carry said gadget in a chic, show-stopping sleeve. Hence, we’ve eschewed the customary offerings in this category and have perused the web to bring you five eye-catching tech cases to complement your eclectic sense of style. After all, your requisite device deserves only the best, don’t you think?
1. Fearless trendsetters will take an instant liking to this color-block iPad case courtesy of reputed tastemaker Michael Kors. This textured leather creation boasts a generous file slot and cardholders so that all you need is within reach while you surf the web for the latest looks straight from the runway. MICHAEL MICHAEL Kors Color-Block Textured-Leather iPad Case, $150 USD at net-a-porter.com.
2. The iPhone is one ubiquitous smartphone. That said, a unique case is de rigueur in order to stand out from the crowd. This psychedelic, bohemian DANNIJO confection does just that, and the result is a thing of ethereal beauty. Sisters Danielle and Jodie Snyder, the hands behind the label, have quite the eye for feminine chic, wouldn’t you say? DANNIJO Henrik iPhone Case, $103.46 at shopbop.com.
3. Calling all photographers! Marc Jacobs has fashioned a cool, neon sleeve with trendy picture-capturing enthusiasts in mind. Embossed neophrene in neon-yellow gleam mixed with a soft fleece interior ensures your camera is not only safe, but incredibly stylish at that! Marc by Marc Jacobs Dreamy Neophrene Wristlet Case, $52 USD at net-a-porter.com.
4. Montreal-based designer and self-professed Apple aficionado Nilesh Ladd’s latest collection is a cheerful and colourful ensemble of tech cases of the highest caliber. Case in point: this fashionable beauty, handmade with Italian suiting wool, matched only by its exquisite peau de soie satin lining and double-folded cowhide strap. Comfy and chic storage for our gadget? We’ll take two! Houndstooth Wool with Pink Leather Closure iPad Case, $165 at nileshladd.com.
5. Known for her mix of equestrian chic and vintage accents, Canadian designer Sarah Shell’s handbags, sold under the label 442McAdam, have graced the shoulders of Hollywood heavyweights Leighton Meester, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift among others. While it’s no surprise that Shell’s purses are coveted the world over, we instantly fell for this streamlined, classic creation that clearly stands in a class of its own. Dubbed the Media Bag, this beauty made with top grain Italian leather houses our smartphone, iPad, and laptop (up to 15”)! Need we say more? 442 McAdam Media Bag, $295 at 442mcadam.com.