Kim Kardashian to take over hospital floor for birth

Mar 21, 2013

Kim Kardashian to take over hospital floor for birth
(BANG) -Kim Kardashian will take over an entire hospital floor for her birth.

The 32-year-old reality star is expecting her first child with boyfriend Kanye West in July and she wants her baby's first moments to be ''idyllic'', so she has booked a whole floor to herself at her chosen facility for when she goes into labor.

An insider told the Daily Star newspaper: ''Kim's taking the preparations for childbirth very seriously. She wants everything to be perfect and, luckily for her, money is no object.

''Kim's been reading about how monumental the first few moments of a baby's life are and wants her child's entry to the world to be idyllic.

''They've booked an entire floor at their chosen hospital and her room will be totally sound-proofed before the delivery.''

The raven-haired beauty will also create a relaxing ambience with blue, green and purple lighting, in addition to calming music, to help keep her calm.

The source added: ''She wants all outside influences and noise of traffic muted.

''Kim's read that mood lighting and atmosphere are important, so she plans to reflect the sounds of nature with a trickling water and soothing wind CD.''

Kim is not the first star to want complete privacy when they give birth.

Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z - who is friends with Kanye - rented an entire floor at New York's Lenox Hill Hospital when the singer delivered their daughter Blue Ivy last January to keep away prying eyes.

• Sammygirl
    March 21, 2013 at 10:09 am
    Kim Kardashian to take over hospital - how selfish!
  • Rose Power
    March 21, 2013 at 10:14 am
    Who cares?
  • Debra
    March 21, 2013 at 10:31 am
    Beyonce and now Kim taking a whole floor of hospital to delivery a baby! How big can your heads get? I'm discussed with celebrities that put themselves in a royalty position.

• msdecember
    March 21, 2013 at 10:56 am
    Now that is just plain stupid IMO. I wonder if her child will turn out as well as did the ones born in a hospital with another moaning woman in the next labour bed. She probably should concentrate on the influences she subjects her child to after it leaves the hospital. The money spent on paying for the entire floor of a hospital would be better spent on formula and clothing for the babies of the needy.
  • Nicole
    March 21, 2013 at 11:20 am
    This is the most selfish thing I have ever heard! Hospitals (and empty rooms in particular) should not be able to be "bought", leaving those in need without a room!
  • janie
    March 21, 2013 at 11:24 am
    what an ignorant cow. This woman needs to go away. so sick of her and her white trash family and her idiot boyfriend. he is an arrogant no talent wannabe.
  • Clotilde Cadman
    March 21, 2013 at 12:24 pm
    Taking a whole floor for the birth of her baby. What are the other people to do if there is no room for them. Maybe she wants to scream from the top of her lungs and does not to be heard. Enough to make you see to read that kind of crap.
  • clotilde cadman
    March 21, 2013 at 12:26 pm
    I meant to say enough to make you sick.
  • Donna
    March 21, 2013 at 12:31 pm
    I think people like this, that can buy what ever they want with their money are just immoral, to take a whole floor to deliver a baby, when there are others out there that will be delivering at the same time and need to be there is a very selfish thing but then again when hasn't she been selfish, never thinks about any one but herself and I am so sorry for that poor baby when it gets here,can't imagine have her as a mother, the baby will be left in the dust with babysitters are she is off displaying herself to the media as usual..
  • weeokwan
    March 21, 2013 at 1:32 pm
    although it seems selfish and princess like, I think it is also pretty smart. The media is fanatic about getting pictures, talking to staff members etc. It will be a circus anyways so allow the family some privacy. If they have the money to spend, then let them have some privacy. This child did not sign any reality tv contract or wish to be in the spot light. So allow it some privacy before there is snapping flashbulbs going off in its face later.
  • Natdufour
    March 21, 2013 at 2:09 pm
    OK, stop bashing them for renting the entire floor, how about the hospitals allowing them to do so for a profit and publicity, now I think they're more to blame!
  • Anne-onymous
    March 21, 2013 at 6:14 pm
    Well, I guess Kanye won't be "singing" to the newborn baby baby because Kim wants "calming music" in the delivery room.

Must be nice to have sooooo much $$$$$
  • Lindsay
    March 22, 2013 at 12:10 am
    Face it folks, she needs the space for the nannies she is going to pass the baby off to. She will be a hands off mother as she has already stated. She hates kids, and if you remember back to her reality show episode where her and her husband, Kris discussed kids, she was having no part of it, and filed for divorce right after they discussed her staying home and raising a family

The only reason she is having KW's bastard is because she thinks it will tie her to him forever, NOT. KW might want to be a hands on parent, but Kris could go for custody of his wife's child according to California law he is the recognized parent as the husband. DNA don't count in California when a wife is pregnant it is legally recognized as the husbands.
  • JFD
    March 22, 2013 at 12:32 pm
    How many women give birth without a whole friggin' floor of a hospital in attendance? Get real, there are other people that can use the resources you are hogging. You want reality you wannabe? check out how the rest of the world gives birth!
  • dmc
    March 22, 2013 at 7:05 pm
    OMG I thought I had heard it all... didnt think she could get anymore pompous and selfish.. well she did.. arrogant biatch. Dont care at all about her.. but how many people will suffer from not having a space to go to if and when needed... THE KARDASHIANS... ESPECIALLY HER MAKE ME PUKE. WE SHOULD ALL ASK FOR A BAN ON KARDASHIAN NEWS... NO ONE CARES ANYWAY!!!!
  • THE Peanut Gallery
    March 22, 2013 at 8:59 pm
    ALL you people posting here, are complete and utter imbiciles. For someone that is "so sick and tired of hearing about this family", WHY in heaven's name then, do you continually read and then post on their stories..???? I know IF I was NOT interested in someone or something, or even a STORY, I certainly would not read it nor post. The only way to make things "go away", is to disassociate yourself from it completely. Yes, that means no more reading stories. No more posting ridiculous comments, and certainly, don't voice your "opinions". Why..? Cuz THAT is contributing to the very story you "hate" hearing about. Gee, your intelligence really shows through. Perhaps a few years of sandbox in kindergarten will bring your IQ's up a wee.

Beyonce was NOT the first person or "celebrity" to ever do this sort of thing. And I am pretty sure Kim will not be the last. Even "regular, every day people", have been known to have "privacy". Maybe not commendeering an entire wing in a hospital.. But, get the above average privacy. I know I did. AND, I wouldn't have it any other way, since I do NOT particularily care for staring at some woman's vag and all she is going through! lol And to HAVE to endure listening to someone...? NO WAY! Thanks, but, I will pass. Get over your jelous and petty attitudes and get over yourselves. Move on, life is too short.

FYI: The only one "selfish" is all of you, to try to push off your own misgivings, onto her. OR.. Anyone else that wants this same thing. Yes, since she can AFFORD to do this, she should.

NO ONE is going to be put out, due to this. The hospital has more than enough "beds" for other patients that come through. Plus, most hospitals, DO have this extra little thing. Yes, pretty much anyone (that can afford it!) can do this. MONEY TALKS people. AND, IF you are polite, giving and pleasant, the dr's and nurses will actually be KIND towards you, in return. Two way street. Can't you see...? Now, run along and absolutely NO kidding sand in the other children's faces.
      March 24, 2013 at 1:18 am
      THE Peanut Gallery:I've been quietly waiting for you to Set these... these....imbiciles (and you're being too gracious calling them that!)straight.They`ve got tunnel vision and you know they just can`t wait for the next Kardashian story to come out so they can spew their hate and power trips! They`ve got issues.

These are the same people that buy `The National Enquirer and The Star with their groceries and read it like a bible.

Thanks again. It`s nice to read from someone that`s got alot of class and alot of sense.