Kim Kardashian names baby North West

Jun 21, 2013

Kim Kardashian names baby North West
(BANG) -Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have named their baby North West.

The reality TV star gave birth to the couple's first child on Saturday (06.15.13) and despite previous speculation they had settled on the name Kaidence Donda for their newborn daughter, the stars have reportedly opted for the directional name.

Gossip website TMZ has seen the birth certificate for the baby, who was born at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Beverly Hills, California, while other reports corroborate the name, also.

UsMagazine.com confirms the tot's name as North, adding that the couple will call her 'Nori' as a nickname.

Both mother and baby are said to be ''doing great'' even though Kim, 32, went into labor five weeks early.

A source said: ''The baby is so sweet. Kanye is in love. Kim's real due date was July 12 -- Kanye's mom's birthday. That warmed his heart.''

Kim and Kanye, 36, were rumored to be considering calling their baby North in the past and the 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' star even joked about giving her child a compass-themed name in an interview with Jay Leno on 'The Tonight Show'.

She said: ''I do like Easton, Easton West.''

• Laura
    June 21, 2013 at 10:07 am
    Congrats, What a wonderful name for a girl. Maybe she should of called her East West, then her nickname would be Easy following in the footsteps of her mom and grandmother.
  • Donna Macdonald
    June 21, 2013 at 10:22 am
    reaaly, their going to SADDLE the child with North west-- what ever happened to think of your child first and and even bigger- what ever happened to that agency that could veto STUPID names from being registered-- and guess what NORI is NOT short for North... oh yeh, thats right, we must hold on to the media attention even at the cost of our offspring--- she`s always been a bimbo and she is certainly carrying on in the same vein.
  • jordi
    June 21, 2013 at 11:21 am
    She'll be thanking them for that one in the years to come!! North! Couldn't they have given it a bit more thought than that. I'll believe it when they actually start calling her that.
  • Bethy
    June 21, 2013 at 11:34 am
    Just shows you how seriously they take this whole having a baby thing. She'll be kicking herself in a couple of years when she is raising this child on her own.
  • Anne
    June 21, 2013 at 12:22 pm
    What a stupid name.
  • DAR
    June 21, 2013 at 12:30 pm
    First I have to agree with everyone's comments so far.

Second as it is terrible name it would probably suit a boy better. His mother's name would have been better for sure.

And last but not least it just shows what idiots both parents are now, that poor girl to be saddled with that name but at least we don't have to hear another name with Kardashian attached to it.

With her having the kid early she won't steal any time away from the Royal baby when born because that birth will dominate the airwaves for sure!

By the way has anyone ever seen Kanye smile in any pictures with Kim because I have never seen one - shows how (un)happy he is in public with her doesn't it. LOL

Will this worthless dribble about her ever STOP!!!!!
  • christine
    June 21, 2013 at 2:51 pm
    What an absolutely immature thing to do to name your child North West, come on, your a parent now, grow up and think about what this name is going to do to that poor child. And how do you get Nori out of North, next thing you know it'll be Nori Sushi. Insane!
  • dmc
    June 21, 2013 at 3:57 pm
    I love it Laura. Now I have heard it all.. well maybe not with these two. There must be a disease in this family that cause the brain to go dead. I feel so bad for that poor, poor child. Born into Moronville.. gee what a treat.
      June 22, 2013 at 2:46 am
      "There must be a disease in this family that cause the brain to go dead??" Oh, WoW! That's a good one. Must have stayed up all night thinking of that one, eh? You're a phking idiot!
  • veramm
    June 21, 2013 at 4:58 pm
    That poor child. Think of the therapy she'll eventually need.
    June 22, 2013 at 2:42 am
    I don't believe they named their child to please any of you. It's their child.Just because they will call her Nori doesn't mean it's short for North.If she does end up raising the child on her own, why will she be regretting it? Some of you people are unreal. Can't stand the K's but you're all in here,writing up a phking storm! Someone said " what a stupid name". You're STUPID for saying that and the rest of you should stay in high school because your maturity hasn't grown any.

Oh well,Dmc is soooooo happy that all of you have rallyed around her and her beliefs! Whenever there's a story about the K's , you can guarantee DMC in there. Funny for someone that hates them so much, she gives them alot of attention.Poor thing. Probably doesn't have much of a life so spreading hate and plain old,BULLSHIT is all she's got! WORK out, DMC!
    • Me
      June 22, 2013 at 10:37 am
      Ummm, it IS a stupid name. Especially for a girl.
      • dancing queen
        June 23, 2013 at 1:54 pm
        What part of the story didn't you get. It is confirmed they named the child North and will use the nick name Nori. Other people on this site are entitled to opinions. Yours just happens to be the one that shows stupidity. What are you 110 years old. People don't like the Kardashians for the most part. They watch them like one can't help looking at a train wreck. You make yourself terribly unlikeable on this site and for the most part offer really uninformed and extremely stupid opinions.
    • sophie
      June 24, 2013 at 4:13 pm
      Well, as I've said before, queen and I usually have close opinions on the stories published, although there've been times we've disagreed.;) And this one is in agreement with queen and enuf.

I have never watched the K's show and I'm not a fan of anyone involved, but I do believe it's anyone's right to name their child whatever they want. North isn't a name I'd personally choose, but I do think Nori is adorable. While I realise Kim hasn't displayed much talent, per se, there is a reason her life is saleable to many people. Otherwise there wouldn't BE so many stories, pics, etc... And IIRC, their show has had decent ratings. The name itself seems to fall in line with many Hollywood baby names~ Rainbow, Apple, even Maxwell for a baby girl.

I believe anyone is entitled to their own view about these stories and it's only natural people will disagree. What I really do NOT understand is when someone calls an innocent baby "demon seed" or wishes someone "doesn't make it" (is death really a logical feeling to have for someone you do not know, who has never done anything personally to you and who has not done anything anyone could really call evil ie... I'd understand if it was someone who hurt a child or killed people, etc... ). And that's only a couple of examples of vile and hateful things I've seen people say in comments on these stories.

And dmc? This is NOT an attack, but I did want to point out that queen has sided with you and picked up for you before... It's only natural that disagreement will be there as well. Just as she's disagreed with me before. We all have our personal opinions.

As for queen in general, I do have to say that I've very rarely seen her put down or "attack" (for lack of a better word) any commenters. She has strong opinions, but so do a lot of people who comment.

Just my own two cents...
        June 24, 2013 at 10:53 pm
        sophie: Thank you. Yes, we have disagreed and we have had agreements but I have respect for you.Greatly.You state your opinions without getting vile or wishing someone ill or death. I just don't understand how some of these people carry on about someone they don't know and like you mentioned,have never done anything to them.Your two cents, my dear, is worth a million.Thanks again for speaking up. As for dmc, I have sided with her when others were running her down but no more. I've learned my lesson.As my mother use to say: "Don't you know that shit stinks. Stay away from it!" ( I know you're probably shaking your head at that one but I couldn't refuse!! ;-) wink!) Till next time, take care. You're one in a million!
  • Irena
    June 22, 2013 at 12:48 pm
    Queen of P.... what a potty mouth. What is making you so angry? My God girl, maybe you should either look at therapy or getting a life so you can mind your own business. Unbelievable.
      June 24, 2013 at 1:50 am
      Never read a potty mouth? Too phking bad!Why don't you stay out of my business.
  • Enufsaid
    June 22, 2013 at 4:43 pm
    I have to agree with queen of Poland, though I may have chosen different words. If ya'll don't like Kim kardashian maybe you shouldn't read an article about her?! You do realize that this is the very reason that she's spoken of so often, because SO MANY people are curious about her and her life? If you truly didn't care about her you wouldn't waste a second of your life reading AND commenting about her. Must be jealousy. I say good luck to her, kanye, and their new daughter. I hope they find happiness together. eVERYONE deserves happiness. I'm sure they thought about the name they wanted and are happy with it. Nori IS short for North. Just as Suzy is short for Suzette, etc.
      June 23, 2013 at 10:03 pm
      Enufsaid: Thanks for your agreement. There are many who feel the same as I do but they`re probably smarter then me by refusing to engage themselves with some of these people.

dmc: You should check your own backyard before criticizing someone else`s mouth.I don`t trash anyone but why do YOU keep commenting and saying the same things if they bother you so much.They may get laughs but they`re the ones laughing, all the way to the bank, you phking idiot! I named one of my daughters Skye. Do you know how many people said: `WHAT kind of name is that! One of her high school teachers asked her if her parents were HIPPIES.And the list goes on but I gave her that name because it meant something to me, she loves her name and that`s all that matters! I didn`t name her to PLEASE someone else!No, I probably would not name my child North or Apple but they are not my children. Just because YOU have names like Suzy Q or Betty Boop or Harry shabooby, doesn't mean that everyone else has to like them.I could give a shit if your life is great but judging from all your whining, I'd say your life must be miserable because you never fail to mention your pathetic life!You obviously know where the sun don't shine and have stuck your head in it if you're telling me to do it!So, you keep bringing on your ...comments because many of us need a GOOD laugh and jump on your broom and YOU CAN FLY where the sun don't shine,you DUMB MORONIC CHICK! (dmc)
  • dmc
    June 22, 2013 at 8:45 pm
    Queenoftrashmouths.. why don't you go jump in a polluted river (that would match your mouth)somewhere and drown in the swill. You only comment in here to trash others who disagree with you. I come in to try to put a stop to them getting so much unwarranted publicity or being morons. Would you name your kid North West.. I doubt it. Actually I think they get the coverage for being morons because that is all there is to cover and it gets laughs. Like I said before Queen.. you are just a trouble maker and like to trash others. I have a great life and you can go straight to hell. If you like the Ks then you are as imbecilic and moronic as they are.. or you are just complaining because it gets you off somehow.. very sad at any rate. GET OFF ME YOU BIATCH..I will comment as much and as often as I wish.. and I don't give a damn what you think. So far all I see you doing is causing ill will.. and you can stick that where the sun don't shine. I am sure most people around you think the same thing.. BIG MOUTH.. NO SUBSTANCE!!!
      June 23, 2013 at 10:09 pm
      I cause you ill will? Well, you make me want to puke.
      June 23, 2013 at 10:22 pm
      Oh, don't forget , there's a story about Angelina J.What kind words have you got for her? I'll be waiting for your...words of wisdom.By the way, I could care less what other people think of me, especially you.If you think I'm a biatch, GOOD!At least i'M NOT A DUMB,MORONIC CHICK!
  • ashlee
    June 25, 2013 at 8:51 am
    wow,all the little sheep discussing the apparent name..has either parent even officially said that is the name?No! it's media reports so,why waste all this time on discussion when it may not even be the name .Do you people have lives?friends?families?

and if it IS North ,who cares? is it any worse than some of the names of regualr folk ..Shaneequa?I even met a girl named "personal" ..come one people ,you have heard worst
  • dmc
    June 25, 2013 at 6:27 pm
    This comment was removed by staff.
  • divine.ca
    June 26, 2013 at 9:41 am
    We'd like to remind our readers once again that derogatory comments aimed directly towards others users will not be tolerated.

This is a space where readers can leave their thoughts about celebrities without fear of being judged for it. Everyone has a difference of opinion; we're all adults here, so I'm sure we can have healthy debates without succumbing to means words and degrading comments.

I say this again: any comments that are mean, derogatory, racist, misogynistic, etc. will be deleted.

Best,