Kim Kardashian and Kanye West buy gold toilets

Jul 23, 2013

Kim Kardashian and Kanye West buy gold toilets
(BANG) -Kim Kardashian and Kanye West have spent $769,000 on gold-plated toilets.

The couple - who became parents for the first time on June 15 when Kim gave birth to daughter North - have reportedly splashed out on four luxury lavatories to be installed in their $10.9 million mansion in Bel Air, Los Angeles, which is currently undergoing renovation work.

However, the couple's spending is not limited to their toilets, and Kanye has also put in an order for six special-edition beds costing over $175,000 each, supplied by the company that fits out rooms at London's luxurious Savoy Hotel.

The reality TV star and the rapper are also thought to be splashing out £500,000 on their kitchen including a Swarovski- encrusted fridge freezer.

A source told The Sun newspaper: ''They expect the interior to cost twice as much as the property. They're spending more than a million on a security system alone.''

The new parents had been living with Kim's mother-and-manager Kris Jenner but have recently found a mansion to rent while work continues on their estate.

An source said: ''Kim and Kanye have finally settled on a temporary mansion for their family to move into. It should be ready for them to move in the next two weeks.

''It's over 8,000 square feet and offers complete privacy, which was a big concern of Kanye's.''

'New Slaves' star Kanye moved out of his apartment in New York City to start his family life with Kim in California.

• Charles M.
    July 23, 2013 at 12:36 pm
    Living examples of the worthless ultrarich with way more money than brains.
  • hairbag
    July 23, 2013 at 1:02 pm
    O M G IT IS REALLY THAT SLOW OF A NEWS WEEK..........SICK OF THESE PEOPLE
  • Bethy
    July 23, 2013 at 1:22 pm
    You just can't make this stuff up. That poor child.
  • m
    July 23, 2013 at 1:49 pm
    Golden thrones for Golden asses!
  • Charlene Brissette
    July 23, 2013 at 2:05 pm
    I know they're rich but come on.
  • dmc
    July 23, 2013 at 6:23 pm
    Really, really sad! I feel bad for the child too. What warped way to have to grow up. These two are out of their minds.
  • jordi
    July 23, 2013 at 9:55 pm
    What a disgusting waste of money. I guess they never thought of buying a normal toilet and donating some funds to a charity.
    • Me
      July 24, 2013 at 12:13 pm
      WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID ABOUT THE RICH SPENDING MONEY???

Every time the wealthy spend money on something stupid - it IS giving the money away. People have jobs because people spend money. If they hoarded their wealth, THAT would be infinitely more problematic. Money filters down into the economy when the rich (or any of us) spent. The economy is why you have a roof over your head and food on your table.

Grow a brain people.
        July 26, 2013 at 2:46 am
        Me: You'll be extremely lucky to find a brain in this crowd as no doubt you've read some of this bullshit!
  • thedoctor5
    July 23, 2013 at 10:04 pm
    Every time I think that these people couldn't possibly get any more materialistic and obnoxious they do. They spent 10 million on a house and expect to spend twice that to decorate it. WTF???? I know they have a lot of money, but THIS is the best way they can think of to spend it???

These people absolutely disgust me. I can't believe that they actually have fans.
  • GoFigure
    July 24, 2013 at 10:16 am
    I take these stories as seriously as anything the National Enquirer prints. There's usually a 'nugget' of truth buried somewhere in it so it probably is true that they are having toilets put in their home.
    • sophie
      July 26, 2013 at 1:10 pm
      Agreed. Until I see it for myself and it's documented, not from a "source" or an "insider", it's about as valid as an Elvis sighting or aliens making crop circles.
  • DAR
    July 24, 2013 at 1:55 pm
    I guess people who are full of S%#t need Gold toilets!
  • dmc
    July 24, 2013 at 7:11 pm
    I don't believe they have fans.. they have incredulous onlookers who are sick of their of hearing about their antics. Why is buying gold toilets in the news.. because it is self-serving indulgence and people are flabbergasted by it. Most of the rich only take care of themselves and hoard the rest. I don't care about these idiots.. just feel sorry for the child they spawned. We comment.. that is all.

"ME" take your insults and shove them. Dar.. that was funny.
    • thedoctor5
      July 25, 2013 at 11:33 pm
      Incredulous onlookers...I like that.

You're right, that poor child isn't going to have any chance of a normal life...she is going to be spoiled and pampered and indulged and made to feel entitled by them, and grow up to be just as obnoxious as they are.
  • norm
    July 25, 2013 at 3:51 pm
    To have that much money and buy gold toilets is sick...if they don't know what to do with that money than they should take a look in the poorer sections of their country and get a look at where they could really help out. I'm sure their poop won't suffer.