Miley Cyrus: Smoking is better than alcohol

Jul 29, 2013

Miley Cyrus: Smoking is better than alcohol
(BANG) -Miley Cyrus prefers smoking marijuana to drinking alcohol.

The 'We Can't Stop' singer - who is engaged to Liam Hemsworth - enjoys consuming the drug because she doesn't experience any adverse effects.

She explained: ''When I smoke, I don't get that sick feeling I get when I drink, or that anger rising up. There's a reason Bob Marley was like some kind of Rasta Mother Teresa.''

Miley has few female friends because she finds girls ''catty and fake'' and enjoys being in the company of guys.

She told Style magazine: ''Kelly Osbourne is the best to have on your side but girls are so catty. I'm not good at being fake, and girls are so good at acting, especially girls in LA, because they are actresses.''

The 20-year-old star's relationship has been the subject of much speculation and while Miley wants to have children with Liam, she insists she won't be ready to start a family for some time as she wants to be prepared for every eventuality.

She said: ''I love being young and living my life. I want time to get mentally really strong. I love my partner but at the end of the day, if it ends up just me, I want to know who I am, so I can be a good parent on my own.''

Liam Hemsworth
Liam Hemsworth IN THE NEWS

• Rowena
    July 29, 2013 at 11:16 am
    This is the girl who condemns Justin Bieber for his behaviour ?
      July 29, 2013 at 7:33 pm
      Rowena: What is wrong with Miley's behaviour? Because she chooses to smoke rather then drink alcohol and possibly get drunk with risk of becoming an alcoholic?? Don't get you......
  • Me
    July 29, 2013 at 12:51 pm
    She's right though. Marijuana is FAR less likely to cause societal problems than alcohol. Just because the US is run by morons (and, of course, Canada has to keep up), that doesn't make it any less accurate.
    • lou israel
      July 29, 2013 at 3:41 pm
      Justin Trudeau CLAIMS he is in favour of legalizing pot. IF that is true he may get liberals like me to vote for him. What appalls me is the American ostriches who continue to keep this wonder drug, with PROVEN health benefits, illegal.
        July 29, 2013 at 7:23 pm
        This may be a first but I have to agree with lou israel and Me. The only people who are up in arms about pot are the ones who don't know anything about it.Me is right- DO SOME RESEARCH AND GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE SAND.If Miley Cyrus chooses to toke rather then drink alcohol, that's her right and personally, I think it's a great choice!
        • lou israel
          July 30, 2013 at 11:40 am
          First time? I have agreed with you many times on this forum, and as a fellow Canadian and liberal, I am surprised that you think this has never happened before...???
            August 1, 2013 at 3:21 am
            lou israel- I stand corrected. You're right.I have agreed with your comments and can't recall ever having a difference of .

opinion.From what I've read, I have found you to be a true gentleman, especially when you were given a list of Jennifer Aniston's Lovers!!! (As if she stood there and said " these are the guys I've slept with and that I'll ADMIT To!!!")'

;-) I wish I would've counted the list but I'm sure it was over 2o!! Till next time!??!
    • Rowena
      July 31, 2013 at 7:10 pm
      You make it sound like people MUST use some sort of substance. Why can't you enjoy life without being drunk or stoned ?
        August 1, 2013 at 2:59 am
        I've never said that people "MUST" take some sort of substance in order to enjoy life but enjoying life has different meanings for everyone. Happiness is achieved in our own way. Whatever makes you HAPPY ....to each his own.
  • Bonnie
    July 29, 2013 at 3:42 pm
    When she is dying of lung cancer ,she'll wish she just felt a little sick .
    • Me
      July 29, 2013 at 3:57 pm
      Might want to do some research into that. Scientific American has. Just do a Google Search for:

scientific american cigarettes marijuana

Lots of information out there, if you choose to drag your head out of the sand. Furthermore, it's interesting you choose to argue the health side, when alcohol is toxic.