Zahara to be maid of honour at Brad and Angelina's wedding

Aug 23, 2013

Zahara to be maid of honour at Brad and Angelina's wedding
(BANG) -Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's daughter Zahara is set to be maid of honour at their wedding.

The couple are reportedly in the final planning stages for their big day and are set to tie the knot in Los Angeles in the next few weeks.

Zahara, eight, has her heart set on having a major role and her parents seem happy to fulfil her wish and the couple's other kids, Maddox, 12, Pax, nine, Shiloh, seven, and five-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne, will also be part of the ceremony.

A source told the new issue of OK! magazine: ''Zahara wants to be maid of honour and knowing Angelina she'll let her. Shiloh wants to be an usher and Pax and Maddox have said they'll help Brad's brother Doug be best man. The wedding is mainly for their children and they want it to happen at home in LA.''

The wedding was originally supposed to take place at their Chateau Miraval estate in Provence, France, but Brad and Angelina chose LA so that all of their friends and family can attend.

The source added: ''Angie has said that a destination wedding would be hard on most people. A wedding at their home in LA would make it fun and easy for guests to attend.

''She wants to exchange vows in a registry office with immediate family and the six kids and then host a huge party at their place.''

Since her double mastectomy operation to prevent breast cancer earlier this year, Angelina has wanted to bring all of her relatives and Brad's relations together as she has realised the importance of family.

Angelina Jolie
Angelina Jolie IN THE NEWS

• Ukidmenot
    August 23, 2013 at 9:53 am
    "bog day"?? Who proof reads this stuff?
  • B
    August 23, 2013 at 10:22 am
    1. who cares.

2. I guess Angelina has no adult friends. I can so imagine that she does not. I guess little Zahara will do
  • May
    August 23, 2013 at 11:24 am
    So... if any "regular" person chooses to have their child as their maid of honour, it automatically means that they don't have any adult friends? Or, because you seem to have a hatred for Angelina Jolie, they get a pass and it's therefore a "aw, how sweet" moment?
    • b
      August 23, 2013 at 12:24 pm
      My comment has nothing to do with "Regular" People. Whatever that means. I was referring to Angelina (Only) which is what the story was about.
    August 24, 2013 at 2:15 am
    I'm sure there are celebrities that everyone dislikes.So B doesn't like Angelina, so what? I don't like her either. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. May, do you like the Kardashians? I do but not everyone does.It's just the way it is.
  • ashlee
    August 24, 2013 at 9:01 am
    may,sadly you seem to have no life.....first,all last year while she was as we since found out undergoing cancer treatment,this tabloid stated they were being married every weekend,spending millions on a wedding.not spending millions,being married in france,being married in england etc.....so how do you know this is even true?but regardless 'b' makes perfect sense...if true i think it's cute that she is having her first child as maid of honour...especially,since she is adopted ...a perfect way to let the child know that bio kids don't take preference and this would be cute and nice with ANYONE...people need to get over this 'feud',the principals involved have and,you have no idea what jen is like either...i do wonder though why all her realtionships never work out.
    • Sophie
      August 26, 2013 at 3:12 pm
      Ashlee, I don't want this to come across as a "bash" bc to be honest I tend to agree w/all of your comments (especially those questioning the truth of these stories, lol). I don't understand why May has no life... She simply stated it was wrong to assume Angie has no friends just bc she (supposedly ;)) chose Zahara as her maid of honour. Am I confused? Which is very possible btw, lol. ;)
  • Shauna
    August 24, 2013 at 12:16 pm
    That's so sweet my kids were in my wedding too I love how they are invlolving all of them so way or another!!! I'm so happy for them and their family
  • Nora D
    August 24, 2013 at 2:52 pm
    Point of order: I think Maddox was her first child, not Zahara; you probably meant first female child, ashlee. B, my husband chose my 13-yr.-old son as best man, as a gesture of ,I dunno, solidarity, acceptance, etc. My husband has 3 brothers and some pretty good friends to choose from, but I loved that he picked Alex, with no prompting from anyone (that I know of, lol!). I'm not terribly fond of Angelina, husband-stealing wench; but even I've grown tired of bashing her, as she seems to have grown up to a great degree.The mastectomy situation probably left them feeling closer than ever. Choosing her eldest daughter seems really nice, and they are a very close-knit family. The above is in no way a critical of the commentary; it's nice to express our views, blow off steam ( see my comments on Lauryn Hill, any Kardashian, and Nicki Minaj), and read others' viewpoints. Sermon over.
  • dmc
    August 24, 2013 at 5:17 pm
    The stars will do what they do and we will keep hearing about it and commenting.. just gives them more press. You people just seem to like bashing each other.. and we get no press.. just irritation and a headache.

Thanks so much.
    August 25, 2013 at 9:20 pm
    You're right.. you're irritating.
  • B
    August 26, 2013 at 9:07 am
    Just a comment people. I luv kids. DO NOT GET ME WRONG. geez............ is this not a forum of speaking ones mind. well, I guess I will not anymore.
    • Sophie
      August 26, 2013 at 3:32 pm
      B, please continue to comment whatever you WANT to comment. I personally don't agree with your comment at all but I completely respect your right to it.

There will always be disagreements on the forum, that's normal. And people tend to take sides. For instance, queen and I always seem to disagree on Angie stories, but I completely respect her comments and regarding the Kardashians ~ I'm not a fan at all (I don't know enough about them to be honest) but I do tend to back her comments on their stories.

It's just entertainment (& most of it isn't even fact as Ashlee pointed out), not exactly life changing, lol, and seriously not worth taking things personally. So, keep commenting~ it would be boring if we all agreed.:)
    August 26, 2013 at 6:41 pm
    Sophie, you always take the words out of my mouth!!;-) Tell me your secret for staying so ...CALM! Yes, we've had different opinions but I respect you.I believe one of the reasons why is because you're honest and you have a ...heart. You are right though. There will always be disagreements concerning these stories but it wouldn't be as interesting if everyone agreed. I don't even mind reading wendy fung( when I've got time!)

You know my thoughts on Angelina and I think Zahara will probably have one of the most memorable days of her life and she can truly say that Brad and Angelina are her REAL mom and dad.(I have one adopted daughter ,who is leaving the NEST next week for U of T!...i wanna cry!!)Zahara is definitely blessed. BUT, BUT Brad and Angelina are still... rotten eggs and I'll leave it at that!

Thanks again, Sophie for your truly words of wisdom.
    • Sophie
      August 29, 2013 at 5:47 am
      Aww queen ya made me frickin blush. But I thank you for your kind words and you know the feeling is mutual.:) As for staying calm, lol, there've been a couple of times I've gotten incredibly pissed at a commenter. But it's usually someone who is being mean to another commenter for zero reason. You mentioned Wendy and I've seen a couple of very nasty comments thrown at her that were completely unnecessary. Bless her heart, she just wants to be involved and the point is: she tries so hard. So, I have taken action there.

If Zahara is maid of honour I agree with your comments... I do believe Angie & Brad are completely devoted to their beautiful children.:) I literally cracked up at your comment abt A & B, rofl! Loved how you held back.:D

And good luck to your baby girl (& congrats to her!)... As a mama I know you must be incredibly proud and yet incredibly sad, too. Not easy is it? I'm personally grooming my 15 yr old twin girls to stick REALLY close to home, lol.;) Only problem is, our province doesn't offer the education she'll need.:(

Thank you, queen... You know I respect you a lot.:) And I think that's the key... Mutual respect for each other. I love a good debate, differences make us interesting.:) It's just not worth being cruel. Are there commenters I'd love to see waving at me from another planet, lol? Hell yeah! But that's when I try to exercise restraint.;)
      • Sophie
        August 29, 2013 at 5:53 am
        *Note: the education ONE of my daughters requires, hence "she'll". Duh soph, proofread!