Spring Fashion: Citrus-Inspired Accessories
by Ariane Boisvert
published March 27, 2012
rating: (10 Ratings)
A zest of style
With our eyes closed, as we take in some sun, we celebrate the return of the milder weather. We head to the terrace, where the ensembles are as refreshing as the tangy beverages that quench our thirst. Our preferred colours and flavours this season: everything with zest! Below, here’s a look at the inspiring wares currently filling the accessories shelves of some of our favourite stores.
When paired with black, yellow is nothing short of elegant. But this hue truly reveals its seasonal potential when layered over a white ensemble. The most daring among us won’t hesitate to combine it with other enriched hues, in colour blocking fashion.
1. Ballet flats, $22.94 at Old Navy.
2. Tribal lacquered straw belt, $18 at Simons.
3. Triple strand beaded necklace, $25.90 at Zara.
A tall glass of OJ
A cheerful ally to neutral tones, orange gives any outfit a bit of pep. The shade goes nicely with variations of blue, its opposite on the color wheel. In short, In short, it’s the colour of choice for a healthy glow!
6. ECHO textured straw fedora, $45 at The Bay.
7. Waterworth sunglasses, $12 at Aldo.
8. Cotton strappy sandals, $79.95 at H&M.
A touch of citrus lime easily blends with real leather accessories. Often paired with off-white, it is an iconic sportswear colour. For a more sober look, however, we wear it with our favourite pair of jeans.
9. Brigthly-coloured retro sunglasses, $10 at Simons.
10. Nautica Multifunction watch, $250 at fine watch and jewellery retailers.
12. Rainboots, $54.95 at Old Navy.
|find out more about the cleansing revolution!|
|find out more about the Vileda ViROBi Robot Sweeper!|
|Win a CLARISONIC REVOLUTIONARY SPA EXPERIENCE for you and 3 of your friends, valued at $2,000!|