8 styles to hit the beach in!
Summer’s almost here and, whether you’re spending a couple of weeks at a sunny vacation destination or the entire season at the local beach, a quality one- or two-piece is a must! Many women look for a swimsuit that screams “me!”, but that’s often easier said than done, as bathing suit shopping can be akin to shopping for jeans (i.e. difficult and oh-so frustrating). But it doesn’t have to be and, below, we have a few suggestions based on the different look or style you may be aiming for.
For the fashionista
You like to show off your style at the office, while out and about in the city, at functions and events… and, of course, at the beach!
1. Hot pink hues and a geometric print; what’s not to love? This number will definitely have you looking sexy poolside. Glam-Girl Keva J Pink Cut-Out Swimsuit, $178 USD at celebboutique.com.
2. We can’t help but adore this unique two-piece: again, the geometric print seems to be “in” this season, and the slightly askew top is utterly chic and unique. Rhapsody Bikini, $160 USD (top) and $65 USD (bottom) at Anthropologie.
For the classic sunbather
Going for a more simply (yet still fashionable) look? Style still isn’t compromised with the below two suggestions, which are perfect for when tanning on your beach towel or taking a dip in the water.
3. Stunning coral colour, asymmetrical bandeau top, and girly ruffles? Check, check, and check! We adore this stylish two-piece that is both sexy and functional. We particularly love the convertible waistband, which can be worn either high or low. adidas by Stella McCartney Swim Two-Piece, $50 (top) and $50 (bottom) at shopadidas.ca.
4. Stylish and inexpensive: yes, please!This classic-looking black, white and grey striped duo is the ideal beachside companion. Stripe Bikini, $14 (top) and $14 (bottom) at Joe Fresh.
For the sporty gal
You’re definitely not one to sit on the sand: you want to swim, play an impromptu game of Frisbee or some beach volleyball. For the summer gal on the move, these suggestions are definitely right up your alley.
5. Stretchy fabric, adjustable straps, and full support: that’s what you need in a top to keep the girls in place as you take part in all the fun that comes along with a day at the beach. Don’t be afraid to play! LOLË Caribbean Two-Piece, $50 (top) and $36 (bottom) at lolewomen.com.
6. Are you the competitive type? You’ll likely be challenging sweetie to a race from one end of the pool to the other. To help in your goal, this high-performance number was definitely made with speed in mind. TYR Flying Fish Diamondback Swimsuit, $80 USD at tyr.com
For the beach bombshell
You don’t just want to stand out; you want to turn heads in a va-va-voom fashion! Retro glam is always the trend of choice for a girl like you.
7. The stunning teal colour is definitely what first stood out to us. But with the twisted bandeau top and the shirring by the waist and hips that covers any imperfections, it’s a must-have for the summer. Pair it with the perfect pair of retro shades to complete the look. Gathers One-Piece, $59.95 at La Vie en Rose.
8. Part sweet and part sultry, this glamourous number is a classic look that we’re sure you’ll fall for. With a halter top and skirted bottom, even if you’re the type who isn’t normally comfortable in a bikini, you’ll feel sexy in this cherry-print cutie. Fruity Suity Two-Piece, $89.99 USD at ModCloth.com.
|find out more about the Vileda ViROBi Robot Sweeper!|
|Win a CLARISONIC REVOLUTIONARY SPA EXPERIENCE for you and 3 of your friends, valued at $2,000!|