Fall Hair How-To: Fresh Off the Runway
by Mariève Inoue
published August 22, 2012
rating: (11 Ratings)
Sam McKnight’s inspirations for Vivienne Westwood + Blumarine
Although there may be a few weeks left of hot, sunny days, we’ve mentally started preparing for the arrival of fall. We’ve scoped out the offerings in terms of new beauty items, and now we’re getting some inspiration for our ‘do, thanks to Runway & Celebrity Hairstylist and Pantene Global Ambassador, Sam McKnight. Check out the step-by-step instructions for getting the runway styles he created for Vivienne Westwood and Blumarine’s A/W ‘12 shows below!
trend: modern day heroines
inspiration: “I wanted to create a hair look that was both reminiscent of the past but at the same time extremely modern. Texture plays a key role in this hair look, so we used lots of Pantene Volume & Body Mousse to create an incredibly full and textured effect that has a ‘lived in’ quality to it and brilliantly juxtaposes against the fluidity of the soft makeup look.”
1. On clean hair, apply a moderate amount of mousse with your fingers, combing through with a wide tooth comb.
2. Blow dry hair, combing with your fingers to create a natural finish.
Note: For more texture, create soft waves with a large-barreled curling iron.
3. Apply Pantene Pro-V Lasting Volume Hairspray to emphasize texture.
4. Grab a small section of tresses from one side of an imaginary center part, twist and pull down to the opposite side of the head. Then, take another small section near the lower temple on the same side, twisting both sections together. Do the same thing on the other side of the head, and bring both sections together in the back, securing them with an elastic band to create a natural hair band.
5. Tie the loose strands with an elastic band a little above the bottom of your hair to create a very loose ponytail.
6. Pull the loose pony up over the natural hair band, tuck its tail underneath and pull through, to make a horizontal hair roll.
7. Pull random strands out of the loop, for a finish that looks a little “undone”.
trend: positively shining
inspiration: “The Blumarine woman is sexy and glamorous, and knows what she wants. So I wanted to create a hair look that was grown up and sexy, but with a youthful ‘unfinished’ feeling to it. I wanted the hair to shine with health so that it worked with the shiny, metallic effects of the collection, almost as if the hair was actually part of the clothing collection.”
1. Apply Pantene Pro-V Flowing Body Mousse to clean, wet hair and
2. Using a medium barrel round brush, blow dry hair, pulling away from the face, clipping each section into place as you go, and applying Pantene Pro-V Anti-Humidity Hairspray.
3. Create a rough part at the front of your tresses, before backcombing a couple of sections at the crown of the head and applying some hairspray to them. Brush through the backcombed sections, ruffling them with your fingers to keep things looking natural.
4. Unclip all sections of hair and brush through, setting the style with a bit more hairspray.
|find out more about the Vileda ViROBi Robot Sweeper!|
|Win a CLARISONIC REVOLUTIONARY SPA EXPERIENCE for you and 3 of your friends, valued at $2,000!|