7 essentials for your workout
Spring has sprung, and for many exercise junkies, it’s when we get the most excited: our drab gym regimen can now (finally!) make its way outdoors. And with the sense of renewal the season brings to our bodies and our workout, our outfit and accessories need some livening up, as well. Below, we’ve got a few new finds from some of our favourite brands to incorporate into your exercise routine.
1. Whatever activity we choose, we know the right footwear is essential. So for those of us looking to take our daily run away from the treadmill and onto the pavement this spring, the new New Balance 890v2 Running Shoes are the way to go. They are super-lightweight, and the heel of the shoe sits lower to the ground, offering a more natural run. But worry not: cushioning and stability are not compromised. $139.95 at New Balance stores.
2. Want a high-performance top, no matter your exercise of choice? The Columbia Insight Ice Short-Sleeve V-Neck Top is one that keeps you cool and dry: it boasts both cooling and moisture-wicking technologies that will keep you comfy from start to finish. Bonus: it offers protection from the sun’s UV rays! $54.99. Click here to find a store near you.
3. We love an exercise essential that has longevity and will endure every spinning class, aerobics session and impromptu tag football game that comes its way. That’s why the Mark’s Work Wearhouse 100 Wash Capri gets props for continuing to look good, wash after wash. $36.99 at Mark’s Work Wearhouse and LÉquipeur stores.
4. The perfect pre-, during and post-workout piece, this LOLË Terry Sweatshirt hugs your body just right. Made of organic cotton and elastane, we love it as a post-gym hoodie but it’s also ideal for those outdoor runs and yoga in the park, keeping the nip in the air at bay. And, of course, it’s still great for when lounging on the couch, too! $90 at lolewomen.com.
5. The right sports bra for a specific sport is key to the ultimate in comfort while you work out. The super-cute Lululemon Deep Breath Bra is your perfect yoga ally, keeping the ladies not only separated but also supported. This moisture-wicking number is also chafe-resistant under the bust where we need it most! $48 at Lululemon stores.
6. Where style meets sports, look no further than this new adidas by Stella McCartney Tennis Bag. Its large compartment can hold your tennis racquet and other essentials with ease, but note: you don’t have to be a tennis enthusiast to take advantage. It also acts as the perfect gym bag… or even a stylish travel bag for that weekend getaway! $250 at Sporting Life.
7. For those outdoor jogs, a high-performance pair of sunglasses will protect your peepers from the harsh rays of the sun. The new Oakley Underspin Sunglasses are made with O Matter technology, making them a super-durable pair for even your most intense workout. $150 at ca.oakley.com.
|find out more about the Vileda ViROBi Robot Sweeper!|
|Win a CLARISONIC REVOLUTIONARY SPA EXPERIENCE for you and 3 of your friends, valued at $2,000!|