6 dependable allies for summer
Summertime is fast approaching (oh, joy!) and the time has come to replenish our sunscreen stock. Phase one: we get rid of our expired bottles, whose level of protection may have diminished. Phase two: we note the benefits of products that protect against UV rays having recently landed on store shelves. Phase three: we cover our skin with our shield of choice, don our most beautiful smoky sunglasses, and take on the sunny days ahead. A pleasant mission, wouldn’t you say?
1. For our face, here is a fast-absorbing sunscreen. Paraben-free, hypoallergenic, water-resistant and perfume-free, we won’t exercise any moderation when we slap on this fine lotion! IDC Integral Cream Face Protection SPF 30, $29.50 in pharmacies. Click here to find a retailer near you.
2. A few generous spritzes of this solution are all you need to protect your skin, whatever its type. This scent-free formula works equally well on the body and the face, without leaving an oily film. It’s also suitable for photosensitive skin. Bioderma Photoderm High Protection UVA-UVB Spray SPF 40, $32 in pharmacies as of June 2012.
3. This stick, which we apply on high-risk areas, multiplies the level of protection. Think cheeks, nose and lips, but also the neckline and the top of the foot. It makes for a most practical non-comedogenic tool. La Roche-Posay Anthelios Targeted Protection Stick SPF 60, $19.50 in pharmacies.
4. It’s ingenious: a gently-scented dry oil that soothes the skin all the while providing a radiant appearance evocative of the beauty of the beach. Plus, its satiny finish does not in any way impede its powerful protective properties. Vichy High Protection Suncare Oil SPF 30, $29.95 in pharmacies.
5. This hydrating lotion, which contains shimmering mica minerals, brightens our skin. This veil of shine embellished with coconut aromas makes for an absolutely hot summer! Hawaiian Tropic Shimmer Effect Oil-Free Sunscreen SPF 30, $10.99 in pharmacies.
6. For nature lovers, here’s a formula made up of 99.2% natural ingredients (of which 28.7% are organic), that gently evens-out our skin tone. It’s a protective beauty treatment in a single step! Kibio Suncare Face Lotion SPF 50, $22 at Murale.