We all know that sex is pleasurable and an overall good time had by both, but did you know that sex actually has benefits towards your health? Read on to find out why you should get it on as much as possible!
1. Sex relieves headaches. According to research done by the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, people who suffered migraines found greater headache relief the stronger their orgasm. Particularly, orgasms release endorphins, which act as pain relievers.
2. Sex makes you look younger. In a study conducted by the Royal Edinburgh Hospital in Scotland, couples who had sex at least three times per week looked on average 10 years younger than those who had sex less frequently. Estrogen, whose levels increase in a woman during sex, gives women naturally glowing skin, as well as shinier hair.
3. Sex relieves stress. Sex certainly has the ability to lower one’s blood pressure. A chemical called oxytocin is released during sex, which decreases stress and gives a person an overall calming feeling.
4. Sex helps you sleep better. While oxytocin acts as a stress-reliever, it is common knowledge that when stress decreases, one is able to sleep easier, helping you get you the nightly eight hours of sleep your body needs.
5. Sex helps maintain a fit body. Sex is a great cardiovascular exercise, as it burns calories—depending on your heart rate, duration and intensity, of course.