8 finds your man can hit the road with
Summer is here, and we see some time spent in a car, train or plane in our near future! We tend to have our travel routine down pat but sweetie, well, let’s just say he can take a few cues from us! We know what to pack, what to bring along in case the weather does a complete 180, and how to keep everything organized. So, whether heading on a romantic getaway with you, a boys-only weekend, or a business trip, we’ve got a few on-the-road essentials for your beau.
1. For shorter trips, such as a long weekend getaway, a carry-on bag is a must. The Tilley Carry-On Travel Bag is a canvas dream, with leather handles and strap. It’s sturdy, roomy, boasts four pockets and, best of all, has its own number that can be registered with the brand. So if sweetie’s bag heads to Chicago while he’s on his way to Toronto, he has the assurance that they’ll be reunited. $325 at tilley.com and in stores. Click here to find a retailer nearest you.
2. LUG has long been a trusted brand when it comes to travel basics. So when keeping important documents (and other essentials) organized and in one place, we make sure our beau turns to the new Tango Travel Wallet. With room to stash money, his passport, boarding pass, a pen and more, we both have ease of mind knowing he’s travelling smartly and safely. $29 at luglife.ca and select retailers.
3. Despite the roaming charges he’ll incur, sweetie always makes sure to stay connected with us while away. So he needs his trusty iPhone to stay juiced-up for as long as possible! The mophie Juice Pack Plus (for iPhone 4 and 4S) is a sturdy, hard shell case that will not only keep his mobile safe, but also includes a battery that will double (!) its battery life. $99.99 USD at mophie.com. (International shipping rates not included.)
4. Whether on a mountain biking excursion with the guys or hitting up Las Vegas for his best bud’s debaucherous bachelor weekend, your man needs a camera that can also keep up! The new OLYMPUS Tough TG-320 Camera is shockproof, waterproof and freezeproof, letting him capture every moment in picture-perfect quality, as well as film high-definition video. $179.99. Click here to find a retailer nearest you.
5. Behind the wheel of his rental car, a cool pair of shades is imperative to keeping the sun’s harsh rays from obscuring our man’s vision while on the road. (They’re also perfect for when lounging on the beach!) TOMS has recently branched into the eyewear business, and we love these Classic 301 Sunglasses. The aviator-style frame fits sweetie’s face perfectly, and his philanthropic side is happy to know that with this purchase, someone else in the world will receive medical treatment, prescription glasses, or sight-saving surgery. $149.99 at toms.ca.
6. While the weather during our romantic getaway down south has been sublime, come nightfall, a chill in the air requires some extra layering. A light jacket is a travel staple, and this hip Gap Nylon Bomber Jacket is perfect for our sweetie. It especially looks good when draped across our shoulders! $79.95 at Gap stores.
7. Goodbye jeans and thick slacks! This summer, our beau gets to show off his muscled calves in these stylish, 100% cotton RW&CO. Shorts. Whether strolling on the beach or taking in the city sights, they are a seasonal staple! $45 at RW&CO. stores.
8. Marine chic: it doesn’t just apply to women! The boat shoe style we’ve come to adopt is influenced from the classic style always worn by men and, this summer, our beau slips his feet into the comfy Sebago Wentworth Two-Eye Boat Shoes. With a Nubuck leather upper and slip-resistant rubber soles, they can go beyond just dangling one’s legs over the dock of a quaint fishing village. (Although that sounds like a perfect vacation to us!) $129.99. Click here to find a retailer nearest you.
|find out more about the cleansing revolution!|
|find out more about the Vileda ViROBi Robot Sweeper!|
|Win a CLARISONIC REVOLUTIONARY SPA EXPERIENCE for you and 3 of your friends, valued at $2,000!|