object for frosting (cabinet with glass doors, mirror, hurricane globe, glass clip frames, door with glass inlay, etc.)
acrylic spray polyurethane
frosting formula: wallpaper paste, white powdered paint pigment, water, PVA glue (acid free)
- Clean and dry glass.
- Prepare frosting mixture by combining paint powder and paste. Add water gradually until it's a pudding-like consistency. Add a drop of glue and mix well.
- Place stencil onto glass surface and secure with painter's tape.
- Dip stencil brush in mixture and dab over stencil (figure A).
- Let dry to touch and continue stenciling.
- Let dry completely, and then cover entire surface with spray acrylic coating.
- Clean frosted items with soap and water.
- For reverse stenciling, cut out a shape and stencil around outside area.