Seated Forward Bend
step by step1 Sit on the ground with your legs stretched out in front of you and your hands on both knees. Relax your body.
2 Gently lean forward starting from the hips and stretch your torso out onto your legs. Slip your hands on your legs in order to go grab either your feet, ankles or calves depending on your level of flexibility. Try to lean your belly on your thighs. The knees are unlocked.
3 Move softly. Inhale, sit back up slightly and try to reach further upon exhaling. The neck is relaxed; you can close your eyes in this position.
4 Hold the position for a few minutes. The ability to maintain this pose for longer stretches of time will increase with practice.
- Calms the mind and helps to relieve stress.
- Relieves fatigue, anxiety and insomnia.
- Stimulates the liver, kidneys, ovaries and uterus while improving digestion.
- Stretches the spine, shoulders and hamstrings.
contraindictions and warnings
- Asthma, diarrhoea.
- If you have back injuries, practice this posture under the supervision of an experienced teacher.