step by step1 You can put a folded blanket on your mat before going into this pose. Stretch yourself out on your stomach, your arms on either side of your body, palms facing up. Upon inhaling, bring your forehead gently to the ground.
2 Upon exhaling, bring the entire body up from the top of the head to the pubic bone, and from the pelvis to the toes, while engaging the abdominal muscles.
3 Also bring your arms up on both sides of your body, while opening the palms and the fingers pointing up to the sky. The abs are still engaged and the neck is lifted. The gaze is towards the sky. Take 5 breaths, and then release the posture. Stay on the ground for a few moments, with your head on the side, leaning on your hands like a cushion.
- Increases self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Strengthens the spine and buttock muscles.
- Stretches the shoulders, chest, stomach and thighs.
contraindictions and warnings
- Serious back or neck injuries.