Standing Forward Bend
step by step1 Standing in Mountain Pose with your weight evenly distributed on each of your legs, bring both your arms up towards the sky.
2 Upon exhaling, bend forward starting from the hips and place your arms on either side of your body making a circular motion, with your palms facing down towards the ground.
3 Bringing your torso down, your back is flat and your abs engaged. Lengthen your neck and spine, and breathe. Lean your torso towards your thighs, with your forehead at the same height as your shinbones. You can grab your ankles to help you straighten out your knees.
4 Upon each breath, try to lengthen your spine a little bit more. Hold the pose for 30 seconds to a minute.
- Calms the mind and helps relieve stress.
- Has a therapeutic effect in relieving asthma, high blood pressure, infertility, osteoporosis and sinusitis.
- Improves digestion. Helps to reduce the symptoms of depression.
- Reduces fatigue and anxiety.
- Relieves headaches and insomnia.
- Stimulates the liver and kidneys.
- Stretches the hamstrings, calves and hips.
contraindictions and warnings
- If you have a back injury: perform this pose with your knees bent or do Adha Uttanasana, with your hands on a wall, your legs perpendicular